September 11, 2007

A little good, a little bad

I'll take a couple day break from the YouTube-fest just so your cache can clear and you can safely read my blog again. The 80s, part 3, will be posted on Tuesday of next week, and I'll keep the YouTubing to once a week from there. You're welcome, Calen.

Honestly, my browser is running really slowly if I load my blog right now anyway, so I'm okay with the new policy.

First the good news - Lion in the House, about which you've seen me blog before, and I thought I'd throw a shout out to the filmmakers as they won an Emmy this past weekend for Outstanding Accomplishment in Non-Fiction Filmmaking. It wasn't a solo win as they tied with Spike Lee's crap about a Levee or something.

I got invited to the local press conference by CET (the local PBS affiliate) as they congratulated and wished the filmmakers well. Kinda cool to think that I've been even the tiniest part of that, and if you're local, you can catch a reshowing of Lion this Friday night and the next couple of Fridays. If you're really local and have a few hours free time, I'd be willing to loan the DVD out.

Second, the sad news - I heard from an employee that Madison's Market in Glendale (another favorite that I've mentioned) is going to be closing up shop. Apparently the organic and specialty food market just isn't clearing enough cash to justify their rent, so they're going to cut back to just the Findlay Market store.

So very much sadness.

If you get a chance to stop by, buy your last bit of gelato and thank 'em for being there at all.

They'll be missed.

3 comments:

calencoriel said...

Ah, so nice to be able to read the blog again without freezing the computer, thank you...

...and if you're gonna get to Madison's get there by Friday of this week, b/c they're closing up shop after that...

makes me wish I'd actually purchased something last Saturday when I was in there...

achilles3 said...

here here on the youtube break...I was getting uber pissed at the freezing

wow knew nothing about lion (as I havent been reading as long) and now I'm pumped to learn more! Thanks

Do you know when they are closing? I'm actually coming home oct. 13-20 to tie up some loose ends so I hope I can get in there!

PHSChemGuy said...

Lakes - no luck on Madison's, yesterday was their final day...the gelato will still be available at the wine store just two doors away on the square, but the store itself is now gone...if you're in town, give a holler...would love to see you for even a short visit...though I understand the time crunch of coming in for a short time and trying to see everybody...

the YouTube video fest shall return on Tuesday...be warned...